Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
On a typical winter day for those living in cold climates, how much
water (condensation) is produced by a high-efficiency furnace per day?
I've heard ranges from barely anything to 5 gallons per day.

And would this amount to more or less than what is produced by a
central air conditioner?

This from personal recollections. I would guess about a quart per day. Ours
discharged over the driveway and I never saw a ice stalagmite over a foot
tall after several below freezing days in a row.

The AC output will vary greatly with humidity but something around 5 gallons
per day would be realistic here and now.

Colbyt