Owain

john Smith wrote:
I have obtained a CCTV camera, model Silent Witness V28RT and it cam with
wiring diagram.
I have stripped it down and I was expecting be able to simply plug in 12v
and a coax somewhere but to no avail.
What I have found is a 4 slot block connector with no labelling on and an 8
slot strip connector labelled as

N/U CASE - PWR + - AUD + - VID +

I assuming I can connect 12v DC to the one that says - PWR + and a coax to
the one that says -VID +.

You might need to link PWR- and COAX-(screen)

As I am a complete novice at this can I plug the camera staright into the
back of my TV (and tune it in)

You need to connect to the A/V (red-yellow-white phono sockets) or SCART
on the telly and select A/V on the remote control. If you don't have
SCART or A/V and want to use the aerial (RF) input, you'll need a modulator.

Maplin have SCART-phono adaptors and modulators (modulators about thirty
green drinkie vouchers)

Owain