Spud

Roger Morton wrote:
To make a long story short ... About 10 years ago had an electrician
add a subpanel in my then new workshop (state of Virginia). He
placed a 30 amp breaker in my main box and used that breaker to feed
the subpanel in the shop. Wiring was run in such a way that if 220v
was ever needed it would be a simple matter to get it to the work
area. Now I am attempting to sell my house and the inspector says
"double taps on a circuit breaker are not allowed." I think the
electrician just placed the "extra" wire there to keep it from
floating around in the panel but leave it available if 220 was ever
desired. I guess I have 3 questions.

Are double taps on a circuit breaker against the NEC?

If double taps are permissible under the NEC, does anyone happen to
have the reference handy?

If it is against the NEC, can a pigtail be used to join the 2 wires
and then connect the pigtail to the circuit breaker?

Would appreciate any other thoughts. Thanks a bunch.

I'm not an electrician or anything But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
double taps on a circuit breaker NOT allowed (two hot wires under one screw)
And i'm sure pigtail in breaker box is not allowed