Richard Conway

Mathew J. Newton wrote:
Tim Mitchell wrote:

In article . com, David
P writes

The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

Their website allows real-time stock checking although admittedly I
wouldn't trust it if it listed only a couple of items remaining.

I wouldn't trust it anyway - we were after a mirror for ages that twice
was reported to be in stock on their website, and once by a human on the
phone. All three times it wasn't in stock. It became apparent that
nobody had the know-how or inclination to change the stock level in the
system - so assuming that they have an automated ordering system, the
system never bothered ordering any more as it thought they already had
loads.

In the end they gave us some petrol money for our trouble and we ended
up getting in some faraway store the we randomly passed outside
Birmingham one evening on the way back from a trip down south.