Donna

"FOM" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had a fence installed last year. It is three sides that enclose my
backyard. Yesterday, my next door neighbor installed a fence and used
my existing fence to complete enclosing his backyard. He did not ask me
if he could do this, he just had the installers attach his fence to
ours. Now, we are paying for one third of this guy's fence. Is this
legal? What should I do?

Nothing.

I'm beyond curious why this bothers you, but whatever. I suppose you want
to do one of the following:

a) tell the neighbor to put up a duplicate fence, which is going to make you
look like an absolute ass, and is also going to mean that no one can mow
between the two fences, and your yard will look like crap where the grass
and weeds are growing uncontrolled, or, if the second parallel fence is put
up with mowing room between, hello, your yard will look like Rahway Prison.
That's an attractive solution.

or b) ask the neigbor to pay you for half of the fence segment, which is
going to make you look like an absolute ass, and will be an enormous pain in
the ass from then on, because everything that has anything to do with that
segment of fence will now have to be negotiated with the neighbor. Not a
good idea.

Lighten up, guy. Share the fence happily, particularly when you consider
that every other solution is worse than the problem

Donna