ben

Transco are in the process of renewing the gas supply to the block of
flats I live in. At present, my gas meter is located in a cupboard
within the flat, supplied by a central pipe that travels through the
building. Transco have proposed to run a new pipe on the outside of
my 3 storey block, with a pipe coming into my flat through the main
bedroom with a meter here also. THe pipe will then run the length of
the bedroom to join the existing pipe in the cupboard to supply the
appliances. I am concerned about having a meter in my bedroom as my
existing cupboard/meter combo always smells strongly of gas. Are
there any regulations of safety guidance regarding the location of gas
meters?

I would appreciate any advice/guidance on this matter.

Many thanks!!

Tell Transco your obejecting to this strongly and do not wish to have it
like this.
Its your flat that is where you live and they have to abide by what you
want, not what they want as an easy route to install their piping.