Doug Kanter

wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:14:14 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

The fins on the side of my Carrier exterior AC unit are pretty filthy, so
wanted to hose them off with an outward stream of water. Shop vac didn't
work - the stuff's turned to something other than just dust, probably due
moisture and whatever else....

Pictures here, although probably unnecessary for most of you:
http://community.webshots.com/script...98461006gSRGXc

Took a quick look at the top panel and it looks as if the fan motor's
attached to it (via the inner 4 screws). And, the top panel overlaps the
side panels, so it SEEMS they can't be removed without first taking off
the
top. What's the correct procedure here?

Call a service company.

For this particular service, that ain't gonna happen. If cleaning doesn't
make a little improvement in performance, THEN my heating contractor will be
called.