Edwin Pawlowski

"Fr@nk" wrote in message

So, should I place one of these fiber strips down in my small "pit"
(against
the concrete foundation), extending down from the basement door threshold,
so my newly-poured concrete doesn't bond directly to my concrete basement
wall/foundation? This would make my new slab a separate structure from the
basement wall. Is the gap that this strip would create a water seepage
concern? Is there a recommended thickness for this joint strip? Thanks.

Yes, it is apart from the foundation and should remain that way. Just put
the strips against the wall and pour right up to it. If you think seepage
is going to be a problem, use a caulk like material after the concrete is
set up. With no expansion allowance, you could end up with a cracked or
heaved slab.