Default Loft insulation above spotlights

On Wed, 26 May 2004 20:41:24 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On 26 May 2004 12:29:52 -0700, (Roly) wrote:

I assume that the ceiling should be insulated, but maybe have a
circular gap cut out around the fitting.

You can get special covers to go over the top of the fittings, or
alternatively earthenware flower pots are suitable. Something like
200mm diameter types should be fine.

If you cut slots in the flowerpots first you can place them over
existing spots without rewiring. (I obtained this hint from this
group a couple of years ago)

Look in the supermarkets for cheap flowerpots.

Robert
royall at which net