Chuck

Default Nova 3K

Am I the only person who is disappointed to hear that Teknatool has
discontinued the $850 Nova 3K in order to concentrate on the $1900
DVR? I don't know about the rest of you, but for me 1000 extra bucks
to get into a Nova isn't chump change. That's a lot of bowls, pens
and candlesticks. _Is_ there a domestic (US) lathe comparable to the
Nova 3000 for a similar price? Seems that Teknatool is shutting out a
lot of potential customers who might be inclined to buy a less-pricey
"entry level" lathe and have something to move up to in the future. I
mean, if I had 2 grand to spend on a lathe I'd probably wait a little
longer and just save up for a Oneway. AAMOF, that's probably what I
will do, now.

That's like GM saying, "We make so much selling Hummers, per unit, and
they're just such a better machine that we're going to drop the Chevy,
GM and Saturn lines and just concentrate on the Hummers."

Maybe I don't know much about business, but it seems like a big ol'
"duh" to me.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com