Default Flushing toilet and the shower

This is something that's been bugging for a long time.

Lots of times on TV, there's a person in the shower, someone comes and
flushes the toilet and the person in the shower starts screaming and
freaking out.

Why does the person in the shower react that way? Is this some special
reaction that was invented for TV purposes or something? I decided to
take a hot shower and have a relative flush the toilet and the only
thing that happened was the water pressure dropped slightly, no big
deal. Nothing else happened. So why do all these people on TV freak
out?
I probably wouldn't normally post such a silly question but that new
commercial I keep seeing about flushing the toilet while someone's in
the shower is starting to irritate me. I just don't get it.