jim rozen

In article , Robert Latest says...

Hello,

does anybody know what, exactly, "coin silver" is (I found something
like 90% silver 10% copper, but are there other standards), and what its
mechanical properties are?

I'm looking for a replacement/alternative alloy for CuSn6 for
low-temperature, non-magnetic applications.

I thought 'coin silver' had a lot of nickel in it.

You might want to talk to a low-temperature engineer who's had
experiences with non-magnetic materials. If you need something
structural a common alloy is cupronickel, the nickel does not
form a local moment below about 20 percent or so.

What's your specific application, and how low do you need the
moment to be?

Jim

please reply to: