Robert11

Default "Z Flashing" A Bottom T1-11 Siding Edge ?

Hello:

Moved into a house that has T1-11 vertical siding.

At the bottom, the siding is "finished off" with a horizontal board that
runs the width of the house.
Typical pine board, perhaps 6" X 3/4 x ...

The bottom edges of some of the siding (rests on top of the 3/4 board edge)
has wicked up water over the years, and looks as if
I'll have to replace some of it. Also, a new horizontal board, as it does
improve the looks.

It has been suggested that I make sure to have the bottom edge of the siding
where it meets the horizontal board
be flashed with a "Z Flashing". Certainly sounds like a good idea.

Found a picture of Z flashing on the web, and my question relates to the top
most vertical edge of the flashing:
Obviously there can't be a perfect seal here between the edge of the AL
flashing and the face of the siding board.

When it rains, due to small gaps between, or just capillary action, I would
imagine water seeps in and probably migrates to the bottom siding edge
(again).

Is this anything to worry about ?

Is the paint that goes over all of this supposed to seal it adequately, or
should one run a small
bead of RTV here, or... ?

Any thoughts on all of this would be most appreciated.

BTW: T1-11 still used and available ?

Thanks,
Bob