Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:
There is a message a few posts down about a plumbing invoice got me
wondering. My house has got gas CH but I would use the immersion heater
in an emergency. The immersion hasn't worked for some time but I ahve
never got around to replacing it.
Bearing in mind the cylinder/heater have been in place for 25 years how
difficult will the heater be to change.

It's rather down to luck. Sometimes they're well and truly stuck. It's
usual to slacken them with the tank still full of water which holds it
steady. But of course if the cylinder splits, you've got a problem. ;-)

Useless advice. If it doesn't move, then use a blowlamps and heat the
copper around the old immersion. This expands the metal and the brass
immersion slips out.