From the brief description it sounds like yours is a 2-port zone valve

that does heating or (heating+water)? The symptom would be consistent
with this.

It could be either the actuator that has gone (often a problem when the
winding is constantly energised, it eventually burns out). On the
other hand the valve might have furred up and the actuator has finally
given up trying to shift it.

Sounds like the problem I just had (see posting elsewhere). A new
actuator has solved it for me.

If you cannot remove the actuator to see what the valve is doing then
I'm not sure what to suggest other than draining the system and taking
it apart.

Or get someone in if this isnt your strong skill!

Nigel

sandra.finch wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking everywhere for an answer to a problem which has recently
befallen me. I suddenly can't get any hot water in my taps unless the
heating has been on. Is it connected to the fact that I had a very noisy
actuator motor for a couple of months and now I don't hear it at all?

If any one can offer an explanation and, even better, a solution I would be
very grateful.

Sandra