JAMES RISER

I love this old industrial lathe. It is heavy (650 pounds or so), solid,
and reliable. The variable speed works nicely. Mine is 3 phase; but a
different motor could easily be installed. I did have a spindle adapter
made to change the spindle to 1"-8. The original 1 1/8"-8 is a little
difficult to find fittings for. With a 1 1/8"-8 tap I can easily make my
own faceplates etc. as needed. Mine does not have the gap bed; but that is
not the type of turning I do - so I do not require more than 12" of swing.
These are nice machines that can take continuous work without falling apart.
What else do you need to know?
--
James P. Riser
Http://www.JamesRiser.com