This should be less expensive to mask the noise using a sound generator
of some sort. But I don't like the idea of using a sound generator to
mask the noise, and I have a feeling that I will get sick of listening
to the sound from a sound generator. For example, I would turn off the
radio in a room after I have been in the room a while; I just don't
like white noise.

The other reason of trying to get a new air conditioner is that I have
two rooms (2nd floor and basement) that I need air conditioning and I
cannot fit a window air conditioner in those locations (and I don't
like those portable air conditioner either because they are likely to
be very noisy). I am trying to kill two birds with one stone: Buy a
split system then I can reduce noise and can introduce air conditioning
in areas that don't have air conditioning currently.

Any idea of the noise level of a ductless split system as comparing to
a window air conditioner?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

Steve Stone wrote:
In article .com,
says...
I feel that my window air conditioners are too noisy.

Would it be less expensive to mask the noise with another acceptable
noise from a sound conditioner ?