wmbjk

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:09:46 +1000, George Ghio
wrote:

wmbjk wrote:
I just thought that the same type of self-destructive
stubbornness that drove you to come out against AGM batteries, PV
tracking, and Kill a Watts was also the cause of your failure to use
the sun to heat water.

AGM batteries. Problem - end user.

With any type of battery, on a good system the charge controller
limits overcharging, an inverter limits depth of discharge, and either
the controller or the inverter handles equalizing. But on AGMs,
there's no water to check. So what *exactly* is there for the owner to
screw up? Besides, you started out by condemning AGMs based solely on
your outdating "training". You only invented this fictitious "owner"
problem once more knowledgeable folks corrected your original blunder.
Face it George, AGMs are successfully used, particularly where it's
suspected that owners might not keep up with checking the water on
flooded batteries.

PV Tracking. Problem - most not relible enough,

Baloney. And not being "relible" was only part of your position. You
also used made-up numbers to claim that tracking doesn't add
sufficient production. I don't believe you'd ever even considered the
improvement in charging time versus discharge time, despite having
gone through several sets of batteries in your own setup, which could
have been a lesser problem with the improvement of the lengthened
charging day tracking provides.

- further problem -
enduser wants a bargain Refuses to pay for quality or do maint.

That might be true of the type of people who'd hire the local blowhard
handyman. But generally trackers are part of better quality systems.

Kill a Watt. Problem - You use it for entertainment. Problem lies with
end user not the Kill a Watt.

I don't own a Kill a Watt, so I don't use one for entertainment or
otherwise. When you came out strongly against their use, you had no
way of knowing who was going to be using them or for what purpose. The
fact is, you make a bad habit of coming out strongly against good
recommendations. Until someone tells me the clinical designation for a
person who indulges in such contrary behavior, I'll use the layman's
term of "lone nitwit".

Solar Hot Water. Problem - None

Then what *exactly* has prevented a self-professed master fabricator,
and self-titled "*solar* power consultant", from building a solar
water heating system for 20 years? Do you really believe that living
in a hot and sunny place, yet getting a mere 5% of your energy from
the sun is something to be proud of, and entitles you to preside as
Judge Blunder?

Reserved for further posting

Let me guess, you're toiling away on another of your little "stories"?
At 2.5kW per day system installation time, shouldn't you be out doing
that instead? One would think that installing $35k systems for $240
would keep you pretty busy. snorf

Wayne