wmbjk

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:26:46 +1000, George Ghio
wrote:

wmbjk wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:16:38 +1000, George Ghio
wrote:

So, You lied. Plain and simple. I never said that Solar Hot Water was
not worth the trouble or that gas, elecrtic hot water was better than
solar hot water.

?? You might show the *exact* quote where you believe I wrote any such
thing. I always thought you were either being penny-wise and
pound-foolish, or just too bloody lazy and pig-headed to do solar.
Although after all your blundering about tracking and Kill a Watts not
being worth the bother, it certainly wouldn't have surprised me to
read you claiming that solar water heating was equally worthless.

20/6/05 12:32 AM this NG

Good timing George, Pete has mentioned that he's going to build a
solar water-heating system in the near future. As you're a *solar*
power consultant, I expect you'll want to offer some tips for his
project. Oh darn, I just remembered, you've written that
propane-fueled water heating is more "appropriate".

Guess your a liar.

And I guess you have some reading comprehension issues. Here's your
own quote that I was referring to when I wrote "more appropriate". Jan
27, 2005, George Ghio - "The key word is "Designed" I use propane for
cooking, fridg and hot water. Gas is an appropriate energy source for
these jobs."

Now, perhaps my use of "more" was a poor choice of words, but since
you started off by mentioning a "design", it seems clear to me that
you wrongly believed (or did believe) that propane *was* "more"
appropriate for water heating in your application.

Anyway, I'm surprised you wanted me to look up that post, given it was
the same one where you wrote about the magic 8000 kWhr propane bottle.
Enjoy - "This comes to 1 - 45Kg bottle of gas every 6 - 8 weeks
depending on time of year. LPG is 50.1Mj/kg (45Kg = 2254.5Mjor the
equal of 8116.2 kWh)" Did you ever own up to that blunder? Of course
not, you never do.

It turns out there was something else topical in that post, when in
the course of trying to minimize the use of a generator to power your
"design", you wrote this - "The only things the gen runs in the house
is the vacuume." Disregarding the fact that laundry isn't often
counted as a shop load, the vacuum comment is kinda' strange given
that in this very thread you also wrote - "My work shop use has no
effect on the house system as there is no connection between them."
So, is the generator in the house, or in the shop? If it's in the
shop, then how does it power a "vacuume", in the house? Let me
guess... your "design" includes an extension cord, which in OZ,
doesn't count as a "connection"? I'm thinking we'll get to the bottom
of the Three Card Monte house/shop/generator about the same time you
explain the magic propane bottle.

Wayne