On 2005-06-24 said:
Newsgroups: alt.energy.homepower,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.
woodworking
Me writes:
In article ,
"Arnold Walker" wrote:
Many steamtrains are now ran on air due to boiler code worrys by
insurance companies.

CFR (Call for Reference) on the above. as I believe it to be
Bull****....

I think so too, especially because even without the water an old
boiler pressurized with air is also no small danger.
the only Steampowered Trains still in existance,
and in commercial service are in third and fouth world countries,

There *might* be some stored steam engines still running, typically
in chemistry or power plants where steam is available anyway and
can be filled into the engine easily.
--
Dr. Juergen Hannappel
http://lisa2.physik.uni-bonn.

Smith Brothers in Galesville, MD (a marine construction and equipment
rental firm I used to work for) has an old steam crane operated from
a 1000CFM air compressor, used for plucking barge sections from the
water. Makes a merry chug.

You are aware of coal-fired steam excursion trains? We have one in
northern New Mexico (Cumbres & Toltec) and there are many in
Colorado.

Tom Willmon
near Mountainair, (mid) New Mexico, USA

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered