John P Bengi

I rest my case. You lose.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:15:41 -0400, "John P Bengi" JBengi
(spamm)@(spamm) yahoo,com wrote:

Posting returned to usenet bottom-posting convention.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:24:36 -0400, "John P Bengi" JBengi
(spamm)@(spamm) yahoo,com wrote:

Try a normal browser like OE and get rid of that piece of junk Agent.

Ah, a msoft zealot -- that explains it. In your previous posting you
whined about no browser supporting bottom posting, yet as shown above,

you
recognize that Agent, as well as many other Usenet readers that were

around
before Saint Bill discovered the Internet conform to the bottom posting
convention.

... snip

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
-----+

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
-----+

BTW, most "real" usenet reading software is smart enough to trim sig
lines from the reply lines.

Really? Now let's see you answer this post without separating the headers
and the text and yet still bottom post. Show me how Agent supports this
bottom posting garbage idea.

??? "separating the headers and the text?, what are you talking about?
The headers of a posting are the routing and history information of the
posting and associated book-keeping. The text is the body of the message.

It will only take one more response to demo what a dumb idea bottom

posting
was. Try to attach your previous posts at the bottom while you are at it
like you do in your emails you send.

Why do I want to do that? There is no reason to attach previous posts

if
the context of a message has been properly preserved in the thread.

Also note another pre-Saint Bill usenet convention -- interspersed
comments within the posting. This helps preserve the dialog and keep
comments with relevant context.

I'm done with this, I've got better things to do with my time. Feel free
to post whatever ridicule you choose; have a nice life.

-----+

-----+