Jonathan Kamens

writes:
Don't assume I didn't do any search. I searched for 'registered land'
vs. 'recorded land' searching for clarafication.

Fine, I won't assume that you didn't search. I'll merely assume that
you don't know how to search intelligently.

I had read the FAQ posted by 'someone', and had read the part about
husband/wife, but then got confused by joint ownership with a brother,
hence the question for clarification in my original post. Your reply
'covers the whole family' doesn't answer the joint ownership. It
refers to what happens when the signer dies. The rest of the family is
covered. You answered the wrong question that wasn't asked.

I don't know what you're talking about. The question you asked was,
and I quote, "Both my wife and my name are on the deed. Do we both
need to sign it, or just one of us?"

I directly answered your question -- only one of you needs to sign it.
I also gave you a reference, which I found easily by searching, to back
up my answer. What reason, exactly, do you have for claiming that I
answered the wrong question or a question that wasn't asked? That's a
rhetorical question, because there's no right answer to it -- it's
nonsense for you to say that I didn't answer your question.

Incidentally, another way you could have found the answers to both of
those questions easily and authoritatively would have been to call any
registry of deeds in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.