The Watcher

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:59:32 GMT, yourname wrote:

I thought that the ice mass on the Antarctic land mass was growing by
millions of tons?

Who told you that one?

Latest meteorlogical examination shows snowfall over the Antarctic
IS increasing.

That's to be expected in the event of global warming. The increased
amount of moisture in the atmosphere would be precipitating out
at the coldest point.

Unfortunately, this isn't an escape valve, just a warning sign.

FW

The real problem is that we would expect the earth to be warming after
the exit of an ice age. Proof of warming is irrelevant. The earth has
been significantly warmer than it is now. What is needed is proof that
man is causing warming and that it is a problem.

I disagree. It's basically unimportant to me whether man is causing it or not,
if it becomes a problem. If global warming causes a climatic catastrophe it will
probably not matter much to the people who die from it what caused it.

This is not forthcoming.

The truth often isn't. That's life. The dinosaurs never knew what hit them. We
are still trying to figure out what did it millions of years later.

The earths temperature is bound to drop[if history is evidence] sometime
in the next 50,000 years.

To explain global warming you must explain the ice ages, which global
warming scientists cannot do. until you understand the system[or lack
thereof] you cannot 'prove' anything