toller

I consider the miter saw to be far more dangerous for two reasons.

You hold the work in one hand and bring the blade down with the other.
Hold it in the wrong place and take out a body part.

You do repetitive cutting and move the work piece an inch or two at a time
and then cut. Oooops, I should have stopped on that last cut.

It is not the saw, but the careless use of it that causes the injury.
--

Get a laser for it. Seriously, you would have to be sound asleep to bring
the saw down with a red line painting your fingers.