Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message

Most surprising is the number of injuries on miter saws. Maybe carpenters
use them in a more dangerous manner than woodworkers, but I can't see
getting hurt on a miter saw (while I am thankful each time I use the TS
that I didn't get injured).

I consider the miter saw to be far more dangerous for two reasons.

You hold the work in one hand and bring the blade down with the other. Hold
it in the wrong place and take out a body part.

You do repetitive cutting and move the work piece an inch or two at a time
and then cut. Oooops, I should have stopped on that last cut.

It is not the saw, but the careless use of it that causes the injury.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/