toller

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia03/os/powersaw.pdf

Although the above might lead one to hastily conclude that the table
saw is statistically more dangerous than the radial arm saw, there is
no data to show the number of tablesaws existing versus the number of
radial arm saws.

Perhaps someone has access to industry sales statistics that would let
us weigh the probabilities in a more useful fashion.

More important than units in the field would be how much time was spent on
the tool. I suspect that not only are there many fewer RAS than TS, but
that each TS is used more than the RAS.

Most surprising is the number of injuries on miter saws. Maybe carpenters
use them in a more dangerous manner than woodworkers, but I can't see
getting hurt on a miter saw (while I am thankful each time I use the TS that
I didn't get injured).

Well, actually the most surprising statistic is the number of injuries from
frying debris! Was the report written in Japan?