Bob Minchin

Alan Braggins wrote in message ...
In article , Bob Minchin wrote:

Tim Steele wrote in message ...
The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has

burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the

capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not

seen
a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.

And if it runs ok but causes TV or radio interference, that's why it
is supposed to have a filter, and consider how close your neighbours
are before keeping running it like that.

Alan, I only suggested this as a test before buying a new part - not
suggesting that the op should run long term without a supressor
My thinking was that if the suppressor had failed but the motor continue to
work, why would the OP have thought something had gone wrong in the first
place. Therefore maybe the motor had stopped working for some other reason
and it would be worth checking that first.

just my 2p

Bob