Tom Gardner

"SA Development" wrote in message
Hi,

I have some Flitz metal polish that I am using to polish the internals of
a trigger and there seems to be two ideas of thought on which has less
friction, so I thought I'd post to the metalworking group and see if
anyone here has an opinion about it.

In a metal to metal contact where one piece of metal rubs against another
piece of metal, is it smoother to polish both metal surfaces, or just one
metal surface. Some oil or grease would be used as a lubricant.

Some people think that both surfaces should be polished very smooth.

Other people think that one surface polished very smooth and the other
surface left alone is better because they think that two smooth surfaces
have a tendency to stick and catch on each other much more than one
smooth, one rough...

Thanks,

SA Dev

Polish both but don't stone. Changing the geometry on your sear should not
be attempted no matter how tempting. Just a little polish and a dry lube
and keep it clean. For best results take it to a gunsmith. It depends on
what the gun is for and how you like your sears. Every gun I ever had I
examined the mechanics and at least removed all burrs and polished.