Set Square

I need to install a 22mm tee to my new en-suite but I have no way of
draining the 22mm pipe completely. Anyone have any good ideas on how
to do this?

There are no compression joints to losen...

Thanks.

This is presumably a hot water feed from the airing cupboard to an existing
bathroom and/or kitchen, and you wish to tee into it?

Is there an isolating valve in the feed pipe from the cold header tank to
the bottom of the hot cylinder? If so, turn that off and then open all (up
and down) hot taps. That should pretty much drain the pipes, but may leave a
small amount at any low points.

I would suggest using a copper push-fit tee such as
http://tinyurl.com/dqmbg In order to fit *any* tee, you'll need a bit of end
float in the pipe once you've cut it. Decide where the tee is the go, and
clean up the existing pipe in this region with wire wool. Mark the short
length of pipe which needs to be cut out to accommodate the tee. In the
centre of this section, as low as possible, drill a small hole - about 1/8"
diameter and catch any water which comes out in a suitable container. [A
foil take-away food container is ideal. If there is more than one
containerful, put a finger over the hole while you empty it into a larger
bowl.]

When no more water comes out, cut out the section of pipe containing the
hole using a ratchet-type pipe cutter such as http://tinyurl.com/cntae -
which can be used in a confined space. *Do not* use a hacksaw. Then you can
fit the tee, and take a supply to your en-suite.
--
Cheers,
Set Square