andrewpreece

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to install a 22mm tee to my new en-suite but I have no way of
draining the 22mm pipe completely. Anyone have any good ideas on how to
do this?

There are no compression joints to losen...

Thanks.

Two ways, first is you cut the pipe in half at its lowest point, drain it,
then install a compression coupler so next time you'll be able to drain
it without all this palaver.

Second way, a bit unreliable, is to open the pipe up back along somewhere,
then open the relevant tap, fit some kind of rubber pipe to it, then blow
like
hell into the end. Very hard. Possibly until you see stars*. This may shift
the
pooled water so you are able to desolder the present solder fitting which is
at the moment proving impossible to desolder because of the pooled water
( am I guessing your problem correctly? ).

* If you have a heart attack or burst a blood vessel, don't blame me! ;-)

Andy.