raden

In message . 170,
Adrian writes
All,

We're about to start on doing some major work to the back garden, including
replacing a retaining wall (about 500mm). We were planning on using
recycled railway sleepers for this, laid horizontally.

We knew there were certain caveats on these - something to do with the
preservatives that had been used causing anybody that goes within a mile of
'em to grow three heads or something - but we're finding some of the people
quoting are more than a bit reluctant.

We've heard that they're just plain illegal and unobtainable.

Then we've heard that they're illegal anywhere near where you may be
growing food. We probably won't be, but there's a possibility there'll be a
few veggies or more likely herbs in a bed bordered with them.

Now we've heard they're really not all that suitable, and likely to warp
and not hold well.

Thoughts? Is it just that they don't much like the idea of lugging the
bloody things through the house to the back garden but don't want to say
so?

Just think of how many people have ****ed on them over the years

--
geoff