Duane Bozarth

Joseph Meehan wrote:

wrote:
I am trying to change a hose bib on outside of the house. The bib is
stuck and I cannot seem to free it up. When I turn it the pipe it is
connected to turns as well. I tried to hold the main pipe with a
plumber's wrench and pliers, but I cannot grip the pipe very well
because it is smooth and round. Should i use lock-tite or is there
some other chemical I can use to loosen the bib's connection from the
pipe?

Are you sure it is not soldered on? Some have dual use fittings.

Plus, OP better check on what may have broken loose w/ the turning of
the supply line...sounds like a leak potential inside a wall or in a
crawl space to me.