DL

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Aside from needing a transformer powerful enough for the additional
chimes, you need to run wires in parallel to each chime. Essentially in
the existing chime you have three terminals - Front-Trans- Rear, you need
to run wires from each of those terminals to the matching terminals on
your additional chimes
"DL" wrote in message
We would like to have several (3-4) chimes activated from a single
doorbell button. What would the best way to do this.

The searches I have done talk about a more powerful transformer, but no
specific wiring instructions.

RBM,

Thanks for the information, I will give that a try. I had tried something
close to this, but it didn't work.

As for the power of the transformer, what I see at the HD is that most all
run ate 16V and one has a tri-volt 8-16-24V. The two 16V units come in 10W
or 15W respectively. Not sure about the watts on the tri-volt unit, as I
could not find any information on the packaging. Do I want more volts or
watts? My assumption is that the units work on a given voltage, and the
watts will give me the additional power I need.

Another thought I had was to use multiple transformers and split the wire
coming from the doorbell to two+ separate transformers that will in turn go
to their respective chimes.

Thanks,

David