Gideon

Yep.

=======

Matt wrote in message ...
Gideon wrote:
This is one of the reasons why people should be very cautious
when taking advise from newsgroups:
1) Phosphoric acid is the principal ingredient in
some versions of Lime Away, which means
that you are suggesting that he use Lime Away
instead of Lime Away.
2) Phosphoric acid is one of the chemicals used for
etching (eating) concrete. Duh.

G Henslee wrote in message ...
Matt wrote:

My water softener has leaked hard water very slowly for some years.

That made the floor damp and caused a buildup of lime on the concrete
floor. The lime is probably not more than quarter millimeter thick but
is unsightly.

My impulse is to use Lime Away, but I expect that that would attack the
cement in the floor.

Is there any good way to get rid of these lime stains?

Phosphoric acid.

I have seen phosphoric eat holes in concrete floors.