TURTLE

wrote in message
On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:24:01 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I would say you are iffy age for replacement. I would likely replace it
myself in order to take the opportunity for a higher efficiency model. I
would not do it because of the cycle issue. I likely would use the
opportunity to work out a deal from my tech so it can be replaced at his
convenience and that might make it a little cheaper.

I would let the tech do a proper study of your home to determine the
correct size for the unit. This can only be done by measuring and computing
a number of factors. I know on my home when the time comes (likely
sometime in the next ten years) I will have the duct work re-done and maybe
add a two zone system.

From the information you provided there is no way anyone can answer your
size question unless they are just guessing.

Properly sized the local weather does not matter related to the useful
life.

Good, correct, and reasonable answers, all.

Paul

This is Turtle.

I can see where this would be to your liking as to the answer. It say in a
nutshell.

Change it out with cheaper stuff but get a good deal by bargaining with the
local Tech and not the company.

Re do all the duct work.

Also Buy Pauls software to do the job with and not weather .

This is interesting reply by you Paul for the Tony fellow was wrong with his
answer by you saying that he had no ideal of what he was talking about because
Tony had not seen it and was stupid for tring to give a answer. Someone else
gives a answer and he has all the info in the say reply to give a correct answer
and the then the OP had give all info needed.

So I see if you like the replier, he makes a good one. then if you don't like
the replier, he makes a bad one. I can see where your coming from.

TURTLE

TURTLE