G Henslee

Gideon wrote:

G Henslee wrote in message ...
Matt wrote:

My water softener has leaked hard water very slowly for some years.

That made the floor damp and caused a buildup of lime on the concrete
floor. The lime is probably not more than quarter millimeter thick but
is unsightly.

My impulse is to use Lime Away, but I expect that that would attack the
cement in the floor.

Is there any good way to get rid of these lime stains?

Phosphoric acid.

'helpful' top posting corrected

This is one of the reasons why people should be very cautious
when taking advise from newsgroups:
1) Phosphoric acid is the principal ingredient in
some versions of Lime Away, which means
that you are suggesting that he use Lime Away
instead of Lime Away.
2) Phosphoric acid is one of the chemicals used for
etching (eating) concrete. Duh.

Clean it, rinse it. Duh. Phosphoric should be considered before
muriatic for grout or concrete cleaning because it is LESS harmful.
Duh. Get real. Duh. Easiest and safest for the OP to just use the
Lime Away. Duh.