patga

Do you think it might work on getting stains off a brick fireplace?
"Curly Sue" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:38:34 -0500, Mike Hartigan
wrote:

I opened my above ground pool last weekend and was faced with the
annual problem of cleaning the stain that forms just above the water
line. Just for kicks, I grabbed a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I was
astounded! Damn near close to zero effort and the stain was gone! I
don't know what's in this thing but it's a miracle!

Which brings me to my question. What, exactly, is in this thing? Is
it safe for my vinyl pool liner? (I know -- I should have asked
before I used it). Assuming it's compatible with vinyl, I'd strongly
recommend it for this purpose.

OK, I found the answer. I was close :

http://tinyurl.com/7d6lp

It's made from BASF's melamine resin foam Basotect® (BASF is a
chemical company).

It works to remove dirt because, strangely enough, microscopically
it's very hard.

So don't use it on anything that may be scratched (although it cleaned
my chrome teapot and it stayed shiny), or that has a varnish that will
wear away.

Sue(tm)