G Henslee

HerHusband wrote:

The thinset you use under the tile should be set within 24 hours. It would
be strong enough to walk on and set lighter objects on, but I wouldn't want
to try dragging a fridge or heavy racks across the newly laid tile for AT
LEAST 72 hours. (Like concrete, thinset gets harder as it cures). I'd give
it more time if I could.

The grout should also cure at least 24 hours before you walk on it.

"Dragging" anything heavy over tile isn't an option. if the frig or
other object can't be rolled then one should use an appliance dolly,
hand truck, etc.

If time allows it's best to give the floor a couple of days before
moving heavy objects, but if time or schedule constraints demand less
time be given, 1/4" plywood on top of the new floor will suffice for
moving heavy objects over it.