p-nut

miamicuse wrote:
I would like to tile my utility room where I keep a lot of junk,
storage and heavy racks. I will need to move all my stuff to one
side of the room, tile the other side, grout it, wait for it to cure,
then move everything (racks, boxes and other things) to that side,
then tile the other side.

How long do I need to wait after I tiled one side before I can move
heavy things on top of the new tiles so I can do the other side?

A week? 10 days? A month or even longer?

MC

I just had my kitchen and dining room tiled two weeks ago by my buddy that
owns a Floor Covering business.
Once they laid the concrete board and tile we couldn't walk on it until the
next day (24hrs).
They grouted the next day and moved the frig and stove back in the same day
and then another 24hrs before we could walk on it.
The next day I sealed the grout with an aerosol sealer which takes about
3hrs to dry.

Everything is solid as a rock.
I'd say, 24hrs after tile laid to walk on, another 24hrs after grout and
3hrs after grout sealer.