Charlie Bress

If the teak is tick enough and it has been oiled regularly enough so that
did not absorb the stains, then you can sand the surface down to where it is
clean.

Best is to use an electric sander that has only a back and forth action.
Don't use an orbital or circular sander. Always go with the grain. Use
progressively finer grits and finish of with oil treatment applied with the
finest steel wool you can find, either 000 or 0000.

We have a lot of teak furniture and I have even been able to remove a
cigarette burn from a coffee table and lots of minor mishaps from the dining
room table.

Be patient, teak is a tough wood and things will go slow.

Charlie

"Bob_M" wrote in message
In my master bathroom we have a kholer tub mounted on a platform
surfaced with teak. The teak is about 20 years old and has been
cleaned and oiled on occasion but the teak shows some dark spots and
perhaps stains. I now would like to bring its appearence back to as
good as possible. Short of using teak cleaner for boats (because I
cannot do the water flushes as required) can anyone recommend what
process I should/could use to obtain perhaps the best results?

TIA