Lurch

Default Lights dimming

On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:31:29 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Can2002"
can2002@nospammailDOTnet strung together this:

It's not an overhead, it appears to come from underground.

It could just be the last run from the pole to your house that is
underground, it could be overhead for miles across the country.

I don't know
whether this is relavent, but when we first moved in the meter and main fuse
were exposed to the outside air (albeit under a small porch). I managed to
get the board to fit a plasit enclosure a while back, but one of the items
picked up by the electricians report was that the fuse looked quite worn. I
still have a slight problem here as the isolator switch is still exposed -
I'm trying to find a lockable replacement.

Possibly, it wouldn't hurt to get them out to have a look. If the fuse
holder is a bit on the loose side then that could be contributing to
the problem and could get very serious over time.

I may ask them to come out and check it to play safe.

I'd get them out to look at the fuse at least.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.