The Natural Philosopher

Default Lights dimming

Ric wrote:

I used to have this till I paid a firtune to have a kilometer of
overhead 11KV line taken underground (it ran slap over the back garden)

Why did you have to pay? I would have thought that if the supply wasn't up
to standards the supplier would have to pay?

I paid becuase I didn't acually want a bigger transforner up an even
uglier pole. I wanted to get rid of a 600 meter section of 11KV line
that crackled and buzzed over the patio, and was in the way of the house
I susbesquently erected...the transformer they threw in for free :-)