tarquinlinbin

On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:53:32 +0100, "Glenn"
wrote:

Hello all,

We have a long term renovation project in the French alps, vehicular access
is via a 30 metre long grass covered "drive way" which slopes gently upwards
to a height of about 1 metre over the length of the drive. In anything other
than dry weather, car access is entertaining to say the least. The local
council has a dump of gravel not far from us, and it seems to me that one
night we could easily "acquire" enough gravel to lay two lengths of gravel
to aid vehicular access. My question is, should we dig out two parallel and
shallow "ditches" to take the gravel (and if so, how deep should they be?),
or just lay the gravel straight on to the grass and bed it in by driving a
car over it?

Many thanks,

Glenn

It'll last longer if you dig a bit of a "foundation" for it. Having
said that,the "local council" or other authority might have some
objections?

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/