Jeff Wisnia wrote:
wrote:

My wife bought a "security light" at Costco, to be installed above the
garage door, below the eve of the roof. It's a basic model, with two
bulbs, probably no more than $50. The unit looks identical to what is
shown at the following URL (no ads or popups, or dancing monkeys, so
feel free to click.)

http://www.cornerhardware.com/howto/ht015.html

The URL you gave shows a MOTION detector light, yet you seem to be
talking about a daylight sensing light. Are you sure you know what your
wife bought?

It is a "motion sensor / infrared heat sensor" security light that also
has 2 other switches. So, it can function as motion sensor light, or
dusk to dawn light.

The setting that I have selected means it will turn ON, only if

-- motion sensor sense motion; AND
-- Light sensor does NOT sense light;

Furthermore, if I walk by it in dark and it turns on, there's a built
in timer which will turn it off within X (1 to 10 minutes), if there is
no new motion.

If it IS a daylight sensing light, you might be able to eliminate the
flickering by repositioning the direction the sensor is looking, or by
fabricating and tacking on a little shade to keep it from "seeing" the
garage door as much.

HTH,

Jeff

--