Mike

"Moonshine" wrote in message
I've had a couple of goes at doing this with the same failed result.

Just trying to base coat plaster patch over some chased in channeling.

When going back to it in the morning it has all just shriveled up and
cracked like a wholemeal biscuit :-(

I've wet the surface before applying.

The house is warm with CH running - could it be drying out too quick?
Could the mix be too dry?

Am I using the wrong stuff - Blue Hawk Undercoat Plaster (which claims
to be non-shrinking!)?

British Gypsum Bonding coat would be better (and cheaper) but even that
sometimes cracks on the first coat. Don't put it on too thickly and rush
the job. The second coat will stay smooth.