Jim McGill

Grant

Yankee screwdrivers were the prebattery equivalent of a screw gun. I've
got several sizes I've picked up over the years. They're still beloved
by wooden boat builders because you can't over torque screws and chew up
the wood, but they're a lot easier of the wrist than a regular
screwdriver. You can also use them underwater (try that with your
Makita!). There's a huge number of different bits that fit them, slot,
Allen, square, even 1/4" socket adapters. You can buy the bits at
Hardwick's if you want some. Next time I'm over, I'll bring along some
and you can try them out. Very handy tool, hold on to it.

Jim