Gina and Les Armstrong

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
We have sliding patio doors and the key has broken and is now stuck in
the main yale lock. I cannot remove the key. I cannot see how to remove
the lock.

I have fished a few out with a dental pick. You can find sets of picks in
catalogs and such. The picks are strong but flexible. You could also try a
very fine, narrow coping saw blade. Just snip off one end near the teeth to
remove the pin and slip it into the lock with the teeth pointing back
towards you. When you pull the blade out, the teeth might catch the broken
key and pull it out as well. YMMV.

Les