Brian

Default Washing machine making a loud noise only on spin

"James Onslow" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

My 5 yr old Creda w/m works fine except when it's on the last fast
spin. Once it gets to this it makes an awful "clackety, clackety" -
knocking sound which probably everyone in the whole block of flats can
hear.

I have taken all the panels off. There seems to be no play in the drum
or the motor. The fan belt is pretty tight. The spider looks fine. The
concrete blocks are all secure. The suspension rods look fine (but
that's as far as i could check with them). I got in the drum (as far
as possible anyway!) but I cannot see anything between the two drums.
So now I am stuck.

The noise seems to start as the machine picks up to a very high spin
but occasionally it seems to 'knock itself out' and sometimes stops
and the spin finishes quietly. It does sound as if there maybe
something loose.

There is a tiny bit of brown on the outer drum below the bearings but
not a great deal.

Can anyone help at all?

Many thanks, James

Probably one of the springs has broken. There should be two springs from
the top of the drum, one to the front of the machine and one to the back.
I temporarily fixed mine once using a short elastic luggage strap.
Trust this helps
Brian