Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
" wrote:

When it dries, why do you think wood splits from the center to the
perimiter? I think I have finally worked it out, just wanted to know
what you all think first

Because the wood gnomes are tall and thin. They live in the center of
the logs and when the tree is cut they need to get out to find a living
tree. They can't move lengthwise in the log for physiological reasons,
so they force their way out from the center to the perimiter.

Geez. What do *YOU* think? Probably some of that differential drying
rate crap...

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com