The Real Tom

On Mon, 02 May 2005 15:45:09 GMT, "David Glass"
wrote:

Nope...don't want to hand crank it! And yes, there is no switch. It was
marketed with a remote control for both the light and the fan. It's easy
enough to install a switch for the light, but I'm not sure of the operation
of the fan. Hoping someone can coach me so that I can install a switch for
the fan as well.

Regards.

Are you rulling out just getting a fan that is pull chain opperated?

I have single switch the powers the whole fan. Then at the fan, I
have two pull chains, one for light combination, and the other for fan
(off and speeds).

Might be easier way to get the results you want.

hth,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

"The Real Tom" Tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 01 May 2005 19:47:16 GMT, "David Glass"
wrote:

I have a ceiling fan and the remote reciever has failed (Hunter Fan,
failed
in about a year, reciever costs about $50 and is backordered...Great
product, huh?). Anyway...I want to rewire the fan to operate manually.
Can
anyone suggest a resource that would help me understand how to do this? I
have a pretty good knowledge of electronics.

Thanks.

Manually? Like a hand crank?

J/K Do you mean there is no switch for it?

later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com